Hiring for 2nd and 3rd Shifts!
In this position you will be expected to Install and move machinery, shafting, and belts, and perform other related assignments. You will follow prints or sketches and other oral and written specifications, perform safety checks of lifting equipment. You will be constructing and repairing production machines and parts. We expect you to `be able to work from prints, sketches, and/or damaged parts. You will be maintaining close tolerances; dismantling and assembling machines, as necessary; selecting, setting up and operating various metal working machines. You will be using precision measuring and gauging equipment. You will be familiar with machine parts from prints or sketches, emergency production tooling as required, gauging, bearing disassembly not involving normal assembly equipment.
Machines, Tools, Materials, and Equipment you Will Be Working with Include:
- Machines/Equipment: Drill press, electric hand drills, electric saw, threading machine, hand trucks, gas and electric forklifts, powered elevated work platforms, wheelbarrows, blocks tackles, lathe, emery jack, band saw, milling machine, power hack saw, surface grinder, hand scraper, scraping block, machinist’s tool, chain falls, and various lifting devices, oxy / acetylene torches, various welding equipment and methods, plasma cutters, pedestal grinders, and other machine shop equipment.
- Tools: Assorted hand and power tools, metal shears, steel tape ruler, assorted drills, steel saws, etc., Machinist tools, ladders, metal brakes, manual and hydraulic press, pex and hose crimping tool, spindle balancing equipment, vibration analysis equipment, wheel turning machine, porta power equipment, welding safety equipment (helmets, goggles, gloves)
- Materials Processed: Sheet steel, angle iron, wood, glass, paint, etc., cast iron, machine, tool, stainless, high speed steel forgings and blank stock, bronze, brass, aluminum and other non-ferrous alloys, and polymers.
Physical Demands: Various postures and positions like stooping, climbing, lifting, walking, using hoists, rollers, hand trucks, climbing up and down ladders, standing, sitting, etc.
Working Conditions: In and out of doors, working in non permit confined space environments, elevated positions, roofs, etc.
Potential Hazards: Works above (ladder, scaffold, etc) and below floor level inside and outside as necessary; work with chemicals and work in hot and cold environment; possible cuts and bruises.
Safety of Others: Standard. Pertinent safety equipment (mandatory and other PPE as required) performs safety checks of lifting equipment.
- Receives oral and written assignment pertaining to operation to be performed specifying location and general nature of work and general and special instructions when necessary.
- Secures manufacturers print and/or engineering sketch of drawing pertaining to facility or machine construction and alterations.
- Uses sketch or print prepared by supervisor, Engineering Department, and/or manufacturer’s specification, when necessary.
- Use of the internet to look up repair information, drawings, parts, etc.
- Load and unloads machines, machines parts and other equipment or materials, from trucks or trailers using various methods and equipment.
- Prepares foundation for machines and equipment.
- Move and position machines and equipment as needed and make the appropriate connections.
- General building and structure maintenance and repairs.
- Performs electric arc and oxyacetylene welding.
- Carpentry, painting, plumbing, and sheet metal work, as necessary.
- Maintain and repair supporting systems (air, coolant, HVAC, ice machine) Trouble shoot and maintain HVCA systems.
- Comply with EPA requirements and certifications.
- Maintain and repair machines.
- Setup and operate machine tools.
- Fabricate and installs special equipment or arranges special adaptations in production machines and process systems per instructions and according to specifications prepared by appropriate customer or other sources.
- Vibration analysis.
- Repair and maintain power fluid systems.
- Abilities to use PC or electronic equipment as needed.
- Formal closeout of work instruction and update proper documentation as needed.
- Driver of lean manufacturing (pillars) and a leader of cultural change.
- Trainer and facilitator for continuous improvement activities that take place within their area.
- Perform audits on achievements to verify and insure sustainability.
- Develop and implement recognition for an area’s achievements.
Direction Exercised: Instructs skilled trade and apprentice personnel as to job duties, as assigned
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a certified journeyman card or have 8 years of documented work within the trade, in an industrial environment.
- Documented military experience will be considered.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in 2020 were SEK 74 852 million and the number of employees was 40,963.
What You’ll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Vacation is accrued beginning the July 1 immediately following your Hire Date and eligible for 13 paid holidays!
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Excellent medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our 401K program that boasts a per pay period 6% deposit to your Vanguard account (100% Vested).
Much more! Growth opportunities, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Location: Falconer, NY
Job ID: 14152
Location/Region: Falconer, New York