Hiring for 2nd and 3rd Shifts!
- To setup and operate assigned internal and external grinders, hard turning lathes, fine grinding/lapping machines, slot grinding machines, and honing machines, machining parts to specified dimensions.
- To obtain and setup proper measuring devices and indicators; to count parts and inspect parts per specifications in accordance with prescribed methods using various gages and other devices and maintaining specified records thereof.
- To operate and setup polishing equipment to polish and/or corner aircraft, precision rings according to specifications.
- To setup all machine tooling which may include gather, check, adjust as required, preset, and issue production tooling for all designated operation metal removal machinery.
- Receive new tooling and tooling from the production floor, forward tooling in need of maintenance to the appropriate department, store usable tooling in its assigned location, and maintain all necessary location and inventory records.
- To setup and operate parts washing/preservation equipment within the designated operation as required.
- Using blueprints, determines amount of stock to be removed from bearing components.
- Remove predetermined amount of stock. Comply with any and all requirements (i.e. documentation, SPC Wanding (SFDC), etc.).
- To have responsibility for care, preventative maintenance and cleanliness of assigned machines.
- To prepare assembly line-up tickets from Production Control data and to maintain assembly line-up files.
- To issue balls for matching and maintain same.
- To set up and operate various grinding machines and other Tool Room equipment, to make single point turning tools and re-sharpen single point turning and circular and dovetail form tool, using varied measuring equipment to assure adherence to specified dimensions and tolerances.
- Willingness to learn NDT test methods.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an industrial environment working as a machine operator, with demonstrated proficiencies in shop math, measuring and gauging, blueprint reading and grinding theory.
- Or have attained certification in machine trades and/or grinding technology from a Vo Tech educational facility.
Machines, Tools, Materials, and Equipment:
- Machines: Fine Grinding/Lapping Machines. Internal and External Grinders, Hones, Polish Jacks, Hard Turning Lathes, Slot Grinders, SPC Equipment, Induction Unit, Ball Kick, Riveters, Presses, Deburring Machinery, Jig Grinders, Surface Finnish Measurement Devices, and all other related tooling and equipment within the designated operations necessary to perform job.
- Set-up machines and fixtures, hand trucks, workbench, location files, step ladder, dip tank, storage racks, small material elevator.
- Card files, numbering machine, C.R.T. Data Collection System, hoist.
- Power lift truck, hand oil truck, various delivery trucks.
- Telephone, adding machine, typewriter, various files.
- Operate printers, copy machines, computer terminals, small office tools.
- Vertical stroke tool sharpener, lipping machine, chucks, dresser and electric etcher.
- Micrometers – inside, outside, depth, super and various other precision measuring gages and equipment.
- Tools: Various hand tools, hand truck, dressing diamonds, adjustable and fixed gages, oil cans, and any other tooling and materials need to perform the assigned tasks.
- SPC data collection devices.
- Wanding Station.
- Record books, inventory files and etching pencils.
- Materials Processed: Stainless, hi-speed and bearing steel, and bearing components.
- Copper plated, surface treated, and carburized bearings and components, and other materials as they receive approval.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Pushing hand cart with spindles, tooling and other materials.
- Heavy lifting occasionally required.
- Sitting, standing and lifting generally.
- Lifting machine tooling and grinding spindles.
- Machine noise, coolant mist, oil mist, solvent usage, safety equipment as warranted, cutting oil, vapors from washers, air noise from air hoses, and oil from bearings.
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in 2020 were SEK 74 852 million and the number of employees was 40,963.
What You’ll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Vacation is accrued beginning the July 1 immediately following your Hire Date and eligible for 13 paid holidays!
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Excellent medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! Participate in our 401K program that boasts a per pay period 6% deposit to your Vanguard account (100% Vested).
Much more! Growth opportunities, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
Location: Falconer, NY
Job ID: 14153
Location/Region: Falconer, New York